Tuesday, January 4, 2011

AGITPROP, The Blog



AGITPROP, needs a blog.

Rather, San Diego needs an online visual arts hub, that AGITPROP, The Blog, wants to fill.

In the midst of my Union Tribune blogging scandal, or whatever that was, people ask me to propose a solution to the lack of critical arts coverage in San Diego. Some people ask me what I was going to do next. I think the answer to both could fall onto AGITPROP's blog -- coming soon. San Diego needs a new alternative space for arts coverage, videos, images, thoughts, ideas, etc. With Art as Authority gone, and so many little splintered factions of visual arts, it would be nice to have a place that at least informed those interested in what kinds of things of varied were happening in San Diego. A place for artists to write about themselves, about shows, reviews, opinions, debates. The larger goal is to link the work happening here with the national and international contemporary discourse of visual arts.

Although only in the preliminary stages, AGITPROP, The Blog, is coming soon. Spring we think. Please get in contact with me if you're interested in this idea me@katherinesweetman.cm

No comments:

Post a Comment